Rainbow studios is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Hard Surface Artist to join its growing team. As a 3D artist you will report to the Art director and work closely with the department leads to produce high quality next generation hard surface assets. The ideal candidate must demonstrate good knowledge of the latest modelling and texturing techniques as well as having a solid grasp of how to produce astounding game ready models. This is an amazing opportunity to participate in the creation of dirt bikes, ATVs, props, gear (including helmets, boots, goggles) for the world renown MX vs ATV titles as well as future Ips.
- Create a wide range of high-quality hard surface assets including vehicles, props, helmets, boots, and goggles.
- Achieve highly detailed and mechanically sound realistic models.
- Ensure that assets meet the performance and memory requirements of the game engine and hardware.
- Create realistic looking textures using both procedurally and hand painted techniques in a PBR workflow.
- Adhere to established implementation pipelines.
- Follow established art direction and style through use of concepts, references, and critiques.
- Actively develop skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, learning new software packages and traditional art methods.
- At least 3+ years industry experience.
- Experience in UE4 (preferable) or any other engine.
- Relevant curriculum or B.A. in fine arts or equivalent skillset.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with industry standard tools such as using Maya/3DS Max/Blender and Photoshop Substance Painter/Designer and Zbrush.
- Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules.
- Ability to adapt and assume new responsibilities should the need arise.
- Strong Portfolio that demonstrates expert competency in Hard Surface Asset creation for games.
- Flexibility to adapt asset creation to any art style.
- Experience with mechanical rigging and animation\
- Strong knowledge of technical game art theory (Texel density, polycount, optimization, etc.).
- Knowledge of traditional art theory (perspective, proportions, composition, color theory, etc.).
- Passion for off-road racing.
- Basic knowledge of source control. (e.g.: Perforce)
Please send all your documents to