- Stay current with the state-of-the-industry in environment modeling and surfacing techniques.
- Work with the Art Director and Technical Art Director on Visual Look Development projects to explore and establish environment art direction.
- Work with the Art Director to establish Environment Theming & Tone, References for sections of the world.
- Work with the Art Director and Technical Art team to explore different methods for creating environment assets including Photogrammetry, Procedural Building Generation, and Sculpting.
- Work with the Art Director and Technical Art team to establish the proper pipeline for the sculpting and creation of world environments.
- Create benchmark assets to set visual quality targets and establish high-level estimates for different types of environment content.
- Build and scope requirements for assets within sections of the world, establishing detailed goals for yourself and your teammates.
- Work with the tech art and engineering teams to help establish performance and memory budgets for environment asset content.
- 5+ Years Experience on Video Game production teams
- Experience shipping environment content in an intermediate to senior role on 2-3 shipped console/PC titles.
- Strong knowledge of architecture, city planning, and visual design.
- Excellent sense of visual composition, form and color.
- Strong knowledge in world building fundamentals.
- Proficiency with many different methods for creation or acquisition of environment assets such as scan data, hard surface modeling, vegetation.
- Demonstrable competency in 3D modeling, materials/surfacing software packages such as Blender, ZBrush and the Substance Suite.
- Able to quickly gain proficiency in new and unfamiliar tools related to modeling, world building, surfacing, and rendering.
- Excellent knowledge of how to manage content for games in an optimized and performant manner.
- A degree in Fine Arts, Animation, Visual Design, or related diploma or certificate.
Please send all your documents to