- Lighting in a UE4 production environment for Console and PC optimization.
- Provide lighting support for all aspects of game production, both large outdoor scenes, indoor stadiums, and cinematics.
- Works closely with Art Director to help determine lighting style of project
- Works closely with the Art Team and Technical Artists to make sure assets are properly set up for lighting
- Works closely with the Tech department to prototype and test new technology
- Proposes new ideas and methods to improve workflow, performance, and technology in-game
- Creates and implements skies and atmospheres
- Work with time of day and weather
- Manages post-processing globally and through post-process volumes
- Sets up and optimizes reflection environments for optimal use on consoles.
- Stays informed about new developments in rendering, particularly with regard to realistic lighting and surfaces
- At least 3 years in-game production as a real-time lighter in UE4
- Expert knowledge of Lighting in a UE4 production environment for Consoles and PC optimization and performance.
- Impressive portfolio demonstrating lighting outdoor landscape environments created in a UE4 PBR Metal/Rough pipeline, showing game examples of your work
- Expert understanding of the use of PBR materials in UE4 and the rules involved with values and lighting Understanding of UE4 material editor
- Have the ability to work on multiple projects at once as a shared resource between projects and to work independently to maintain consistent aesthetic and technical quality in all lighting
- Understanding of source control via Perforce or other content management software.
- Self-driven with strong communication skills with the ability to mentor and teach other artists.
- Should possess extensive knowledge of realtime lighting
- Expert knowledge of physical lighting models and methods
- Advanced knowledge of UE4 material editor
- Superior understanding of lighting performance on current-generation consoles
- An exceptional understanding of color, shape, and surface types
- 100% fluency of English required
Please send all your documents to