Lead Software Engineer (XBox One)
Rainbow Studios is seeking several Lead Platform Engineers to manage and optimize development for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, or Nintendo Switch.
Take full ownership of a single platform (XboxOne) from debugging, performance optimizations, API integrations, and build / packaging processes.
Facilitate support to other engineers when game systems interact with platform specific features.
Work with artists and content creators to champion best practices regarding platform performance impact.
The ideal candidate will have led development for at least one console title and have extensive knowledge on modern console systems. Additional, experience on several other shipped titles is required. Knowledge and expertise designing and implementing end-to-end game systems from concept to shipped product, including tooling, documentation, and support. They should possess strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to spec, develop, iterate and tune their game systems efficiently and effectively.
- Led development of at least 1 modern console title through shipping
- Several shipped titles
- Minimum 5 years of professional development experience
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Robust knowledge of game systems and their implementation from scratch to shipped
- Ability to write documentation and strong interpersonal skills
- Debugging and optimization on modern console platforms
- Unreal Engine 4 development experience strongly desired
Please send all your documents to