Rainbow Studios is seeking an experienced engineer to help develop our new online architecture for MX vs. ATV and Monster Jam. This individual will work closely with other engineers, designers, and producers help build and maintain our server infrastructure, including network communications, game and service feature implementation, security countermeasures, and maintenance of the game platform.
- Implementation and maintenance of platform specific runtime networking code.
- Collaborate with production and other leads to develop tasks and schedules for the online components.
- Drive the development and evolution of network gameplay that powers the MX franchise
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in network software development
- Fluent in C/C++
- Experience with multi-threaded programming and distributed systems
- Working knowledge of network and server security issues
- Experience implementing TCP/UDP networking
- Familiarization with code and data optimization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled at diagnosing and debugging complex network gameplay issues
- Computer Science or related degree or equivalent experience
- Experience developing games on Unreal Engine 4
- Low-level network knowledge and diagnosis including packet capture (tcpdump, wireshark), routing, firewalls, DHCP, DNS, NAT busting
- Familiar with higher-level network protocols such as HTTP, SNMP, SMTP, FTP
- Passion for technology
- Experience implementing scalable client/server architectures
Please send all your documents to