As a VFX Artist at Rainbow Studios, you will deliver beautiful visual effect that positively influences gameplay and enhance the player experience. Be it smoke, fire, an explosion, falling snow, or a waterfall, every one of your effects accents the immersive game world and often has people wondering, “How did you do
that?” As a tech-savvy artist, you combine technology and creativity to make the magic happen. You can adapt to a variety of tools while relying on your core talent to create and integrate impactful, high quality, real-time visual effects.
- Collaborate with the core team to understand the overall creative and artistic vision and establish visual effect priorities.
- Create environment and cinematic effects using particle systems and textures you produce.
- Own and drive the VFX department to become a key player in this domain.
- Push the visual quality of the world by dressing them up with beautiful visuals.
- Partner with programmers to assess needs and develop tools.
- Work within technical constraints to craft attractive and functional effects.
- Integrate your created VFX into the engine.
- Develop effects based on play test results and comments from cross-functional team members (debug and optimize).
- Adapt to feedback received from the community after live launch (in some cases), balancing expectations with limitations.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strong proficiency as a VFx Artist.
- 5+ years' experience in video games industry.
- Experience creating high-quality, stylized real-time VFX
- High proficiency in VFX development, including fundamentals like timing, shape language, color theory and mesh engineering
- Have worked in several VFX tools, pipelines, and game engines.
Please send all your documents to