The Rendering Software Engineer is a critical part of the game creation process. They are involved in architectural design, implementation, and debugging of rendering technology on multiple platforms; working with Designers, Artists and other Engineers to solve complex computer graphics problems.
- Research and implement cutting-edge rendering techniques.
- Write technical design specifications.
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code, pipelines and other rendering-related sub-components and packages
- Develop core rendering tools, feature and engine components to required coding standards.
- Profile and optimize rendering, lighting and shading components of a game engine.
- Create leading edge reusable rendering technologies.
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 7-10+ years’ development experience
- Proficiency with C++
- Experience in the design and implementation of cutting edge graphics techniques and detailed knowledge of graphics hardware.
- Strong math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra.
- Formal background in rendering with experience that may include shaders, animation, skinning, lighting, special effects and tool development.
- Experience with Direct 3D, Open GL or equivalent.
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code.
- Prior experience shipping at least one title on PS4, PS3, XBOX One or XBOX 360.
- Experience with assembler (Intel, PPC), scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C#.
- Experience with graphics tools and exporters such as Maya, MotionBuilder and Photoshop; knowledge of Maya API and Mel programming.
- Experienced candidates should have expertise in a number of these fields: vertex and pixel shaders including HLSL and FX; terrain or environment rendering; advanced lighting techniques, particle systems, special effects, art pipelines, tool development and game engine architecture.
- Working knowledge of DX11 a significant plus.
Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills):
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Excellent decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
Please send all your documents to